Wednesday, January 30, 2008

YAAD (=yet another annoying death)

2 197521 Cica-Bar-Orc-Mal-Cha died in The Dungeons of Doom on level 16 [max 19]. Killed by an iron golem. Hp [max] - [145]

What a disgrace to be killed by an irom golem after such a glorious adventure. But as said before, if NetHack wants you dead, you're dead... well, that's not actually true at least in this case. I was going to write how there was absolutely no way to escape, but I just realised I could have dug a hole in the floor when I was surrounded with the monsters such as Couatl :-D Bugger. Damned be my idle mind.

Anyhow, I consider the game quite a success. I scored with some succubi (plural of succubus for those unaware), and also for the first time, managed to kill them afterwards! Boy, am I good.

I also managed to gather up quite a collection of intrinsicts, money and diamonds as well as other objects, and I was in good standing with my god - although, at the final precisive moment he refused to return me my hitpoints and thus condemned me to death (he thought it be better just to uncurse the towel I was wearing around my head - how stupid can a god get?).

But god forbid if ever again I'm going to go as long without telepathy as I did in this game. It was pure torture.

3 comments:

Raven said...

Hey there! Just found your blog and I must say: I haven't thought that a girl would play NetHack :D I thought it was for geeks and nerds only haha.

But then I realised nobody ever commented any of your blogs! Well, I know how disappointing it is if you blog some stuff, but you have the feeling like nobody ever reads it after all.

So what I want so say is: I think it's an awesome idea to blog about the life and death of NetHack chars :) I really want to read more, so I already added the newsfeed to my reader :D w00t!

Jonathan Papas said...

NICE ONE :D

Jonathan Papas said...

NICE ONE :D